Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Have Been Rejected But That Does Not Stop My Destiny


I Have Been Rejected But That Does Not Stop My Destiny!

Reject (n) the person or thing set aside as inferior in quality.[define.com]

There have been some networks I’ve tried to establish that failed. They failed because they/the networks perceived me as inferior in quality.

As I think on the above statement I am reminded of the time in which I decided to take swimming lessons as an adult.

Here’s an excerpt from my book, ‘Change Your Life by Changing Your Mind’- “The male instructor welcomed all of the returning students. I was shocked! I didn’t do enough research. This class was a continuum session from the previous summer. Please do adequate research! I was totally taken off guard and embarrassed. The instructor and the class began doing warm-up exercises in the pool that I was not capable of doing. The female instructor took me by the hand and led me to the three feet end of the pool. Actually, it was a different pool all together. She asked what my level of experience was and I said, “Bathtub.” You have to be honest with yourself as well as others in order to grow or go to the next level. If God sends someone to assist you along your journey they will need to know exactly what type of assistance you need. This is a time when you are embarking on a journey and taking the necessary steps to equip yourself for what lies ahead. She began by teaching me how to hold my breath beneath the water. Every time the water touched my chin, I felt as if I were drowning. I would begin to panic. I would frantically gasp for air. The instructor would calmly say just stand up and I would have to remind myself, “Oh yeah it’s only three feet of water.”

There will be times obstacles that you are facing will seem like mountains but they are hills. Just stand up. Don’t allow the obstacle to overpower you. Remember you have in your ability to subdue and reign. Just stand up. Stand in the power within you. The entire first day I spent time only with the female instructor; separated from the rest of the class. I felt humiliated. At the end of the session the female instructor and I joined the other instructor and students. The class was then dismissed. As I was walking to my car I was hoping the other students didn’t happen to notice they were more advanced than myself, then all of a sudden I began to vomit. I mean everywhere. The entire class made a complete circle around me and watched me vomit. I wanted to just vanish at that very moment. They all showed genuine concern making sure I was ok and asking would I be able to drive myself home. I wallowed in the hugest pot of embarrassment. I got into my car and drove off. I vowed to never return. Day two I showed up because I am no quitter! I am relentless and the object of the goal was to learn how to swim. I had to face all of my classmates and continue to reach for my goal in the face of my humiliation. Just remember the same ones to see you fail will be the same ones to see you succeed.
The Same Ones To See You Fail Will Be The Same Ones To See You Succeed.

The male instructor looked at the female instructor and said in a very mean tone with aggravation on his face “Are you going to help her (referring to me) because she is so far behind the other students, I just don’t have time.” The female instructor took me by the hand and said, “I would love to help you.”

The male instructor rejected me because he saw me as inferior to those he were surrounded by. At the end of the ten day swimming class, I was more advanced than all the students in the class. I was swimming from one side of the pool to the other, diving off of the diving board, doing the butterfly, backstroke, and etc. YES!!!! The male instructor was impressed. He offered to pay for my next lesson. I declined, because I did not set out to impress him, but to accomplish the goal of learning how to swim. And although he rejected to assist me…please my destiny could not be stopped!!!!

So, when you are rejected because they can not foretell your end result, honey keep on pursuing your goal. You have the capability to surpass those you sought connections with and be grateful to those who take you by the hand until you have reached your destination. Others value of you, do not define your worth or your destiny.

Excerpt from Latrina “SAM” Johnson’s book, “Change Your Life by Changing Your Mind” due for republishing fall 2010

Always Speaking Above Mediocrity,

Latrina "SAM" Johnson

Excerpt: Change Your Life by Changing Your Mind
By: Latrina Johnson
Copyright © Speaking Above Mediocrity 2010

Latrina "SAM" Johnson is an International Life Transforming Professional Speaker. Contact her to book her for your next event.

Please join Speaking Above Mediocrity FaceBook Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Speaking-Above-Mediocrity/363918764700?ref=mf

2 comments:

  1. This post if absolutely inspiring and motivational! For some reason, I have been in a challenging season... SO, I thank you for "the same ones to see you fail will be the same ones to see you succeed!" Marsha Carter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ms Carter. Always be confident in your ability to make "it" happen.

    Latrina "SAM" Johnson

    ReplyDelete