Monday, March 15, 2010

I Don't Need Your Approval To Be Great!



I Don’t Need Your Approval to be Great!

Transforming into the fullness of which you’re destined to be, is a vigorous process and sometimes a lonely one. Much like the caterpillar, it is first birthed as a worm. It is a well able, functioning body. It moves, eats, and breaths. Now the caterpillar could settle at this point in his life. The caterpillar could decide this period of his journey is good enough. But God has shown the caterpillar his purpose. God has given the caterpillar a vision! The caterpillar knows if it stops at this point it will not fulfill its destiny. The caterpillar’s purpose is to become a butterfly.

When the caterpillar goes into the next phase of his life, he enters the womb of a cocoon. He is placed in isolation. During this time he is being reconnected to his Creator. His Creator has to isolate him, because once he comes out of the cocoon, he has to do something he has never done. The caterpillar will have to fly! Can anyone other than God, turn the caterpillar into a butterfly and command it to fly, without lessons? I never heard of anyone other than God being able to make such a command. When the caterpillar is in the womb of the cocoon, God is preparing him to step boldly and confidently into his purpose. God knows that once he emerges from the cocoon, immediately he will be told that he cannot fly. God wants to encourage and esteem the caterpillar.

God knows that he will hear immediately from others, “I remember when you were a caterpillar, what qualifies you to fly? Who told you that you could fly? And how did you get those wings? You are just a worm with wings. Common sense should tell you, you cannot fly. Surely, you don’t think you can fly?” The caterpillar will also hear, “No one taught you to fly. What qualifies you?" The butterfly will say, “God qualifies me.” The butterfly will begin to testify, “When I was in the womb of the cocoon, God fellowshipped with me. God told me that I am a butterfly, wonderfully and beautifully made and I will fly. So, when I emerged out of the cocoon, out of my lonely place, out of my place of isolation, out of my place of struggle, I believed what God said and I can fly. I fly with the assurance of being processed by God. And can’t anybody talk me out of who I am. No, I’ve never had flying lessons and yes I was a caterpillar and yes you are amazed. I fly boldly because my elevation came from God. And can’t you or anyone else talk me out of who I am. I am a butterfly. I fly without your permission or approval.”

Many had the opportunity to witness the caterpillar in its ugly phases, in its trying phases and in its challenging phases. The same ones will also see it in its fullest manifestation of a butterfly. Some will not witness the process, but marvel at the final manifestation. The butterfly fulfills its purpose.

Excerpt from Latrina “SAM” Johnson’s book, “Change Your Life by Changing Your Mind” due for republishing fall 2010

Always Speaking Above Mediocrity,

Latrina "SAM" Johnson

Excerpt: Change Your Life by Changing Your Mind
By: Latrina Johnson
Copyright © Speaking Above Mediocrity 2010

Latrina "SAM" Johnson is an International Life Transforming Professional Speaker. Contact her to book her for your next event.

Please join Speaking Above Mediocrity FaceBook Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Speaking-Above-Mediocrity/363918764700?ref=mf

No comments:

Post a Comment